The Buncombe County Board of Elections is committed to conducting fair, honest, impartial and efficient elections so that all qualified citizens in Buncombe County may exercise their right to vote.
The Elections Office is responsible for conducting all elections in Buncombe County, including municipal, county, state, and federal elections, as well as special referenda.
- Maintain Voter Registration Records
- Receive Candidate Filing for General Assembly and local candidates
- Campaign Finance office for local candidates/committees
- Provide for Remote Absentee Voting
- Educate Election Day Officials
- Provide for Election Day Voting
- Report Election Day Results to Public and Authorities
- Evaluate and Improve Election Services
- Provide Election Reports and Statistical Information
Other Community Services Includes:
- Assist in High School Government Elections
- Provide voter and precinct information to public
- Provide registration materials and advice for community registration drives
- Visit community groups for voter/election education