From the Buncombe County Tax Department:
NOTICE: Buncombe County property tax listing must be completed and returned by 5:00 PM January 31, 2019 to avoid late listing penalty Notice is hereby given that all persons who own property on January 1, 2019 subject to taxation in Buncombe County must list such property no later than January 31, 2019. Any person who fails to do so will be subject to the penalties prescribed by law. The listing period will begin January 2, 2019, and ends Thursday at 5:00 PM, January 31, 2019.
- All persons who own real estate must list any new additions, changes or deletions that have been made since January 1, 2019.
- All persons who own personal property such as un-tagged motor vehicles, permanent multi-tagged trailers, manufactured homes, boats and boat motors, airplanes, rental personal property or farm machinery used for income purposes, etc. must file a listing form annually.
- All businesses are required to file a business personal property listing form annually during the listing period stated above, which includes: machinery and equipment; furniture and fixtures; computers; improvements to leased property; manufactured homes; aircraft; international registration plan, 53 plated vehicles and supplies etc. used in connection with the business.
- Listing extensions may be granted upon written or online request and for good cause shown. The listing extension request must be filed with the Tax Department no later than the ending date of the regular listing period (January 31, 2019). Online extension requests may be filed by going to: https://tax.buncombecounty.org/extensions. Extensions will not be granted beyond March 15, 2019. For information call (828) 250-4930.
- Property tax relief for the elderly and permanently disabled persons: Anyone wishing to apply for exclusion under NCGS 105-277.1 should contact the Tax Department for an application at (828) 250-4920.
Listing forms will be mailed the last week of December 2018 to persons who have requested a listing form or filed a listing last year. If you need a listing form, please contact the Tax Department at (828) 250-4920.
The Tax Department is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The office is located at 94 Coxe Avenue, Asheville NC. You may also call (828) 250-4920. Information and forms are available on the Tax Department website at www.buncombetax.org.
The County of Buncombe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment, in its services, programs, and activities, in compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
BUNCOMBE COUNTY TAX DEPARTMENT, December 2018