Education is an important part of Local Cloth's mission. This summer, they will focus on educating the younger members of the community (ages 6 - 16) with six weeks of half-day summer camps geared to specific age groups. Parents and children will be able to choose between a variety of topics including sewing, knitting, felting, dyeing, block printing, and weaving. All classes will be held at the Local Cloth studio 207 Coxe Ave, Asheville. The price is $125 per week plus materials. Siblings registered for the same class will receive a $25 discount. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 12 - 16:
- Morning: Knitting Ninjas (ages 6 - 10)
- Afternoon: Knitting-Mania (ages 11-15)
- June 19 - 23
- Morning: Sheep to Cloth (ages 6 - 10)
- Afternoon: Batik Dyeing (ages 10 - 15)
- June 10 - 14
- Morning: 3-D Felting (ages 11 - 15)
- Afternoon: Block Printing (ages 11 - 15)
- June 17 - 21
- Morning: Upcycling Machine Sewing (ages 6 -10)
- Afternoon: Upcycling Machine Sewing (ages 11 - 15)
- July 24 - 28
- Morning: Spinning and Weaving our way through History (ages 7 - 11)
- Afternoon: Spinning and Weaving our way through History (ages 11 - 16)
- August 7 - 11
- Morning: Tie Dye Science and Magic (ages 6 - 10)
- Afternoon: Tie Dye Science and Magic (ages 11 - 15)
For more information you can visit https://localcloth.wildapricot.org. The Mission of the Local Cloth is to support and sustain the regional fiber and textile arts economy and professions in the Blue Ridge Mountains through collaboration, education, and innovation.
Local Cloth, Inc is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to growing the fiber supply chain in Western North Carolina and enhancing the lives of those who make their living in fiber industries.