Each year, thousands of residents and visitors take part in evaluating what’s best and brightest about a very wonderful place — Western North Carolina. With spring in full bloom and months of lockdown behind us, voting for what you love most about your community is a restorative affirmation.
Buncombe County Recreation Services dedication to low- and no-cost recreational programming and equitable access to quality outdoor spaces is reflected in its mission statement: Connect Communities. Preserve Culture. Change Lives. Among the ballot categories, we offer some suggestions for your consideration.
VOTE NOW >>
- Place for Outdoor Fun – Buncombe County Parks
- Playground – Lake Julian Park
- Place for Birthday Parties – Buncombe County Parks
- Picnic Spot – Lake Julian Park
- Fishing Spot – Lake Julian Park
Farm, Yard, & Garden
- Orchard – Sand Hill Native Tree Orchard
- Community Garden – Sand Hill Community Garden
- Outdoor Place to Take Your Pet – Buncombe County Parks
- Place to Connect With Nature Within Asheville City Limits – Buncombe County Sports Park
- Holiday Event (Winter/Spring) – Festival of Lights at Lake Julian Park
- Bumper Sticker – I ♥ Parks (Buncombe County Recreation Services)
- Local Place to Enjoy the Outdoors (Swannanoa/Black Mountain) – Charles D. Owen Park
- Local Place to Enjoy the Outdoors (Weaverville/Woodfin) – Ledges Whitewater River Park
To receive the I Heart Parks monthly newsletter, sign up online. Follow Buncombe County Recreation on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates.