Buncombe County ground crews are hard at work to make a magical family walk through Lake Julian's Festival of Lights a reality. Check out the photos below! The display features tens of thousands of lights and over 50 displays featuring everything from jumping fish, snowball fights, to even the big red guy himself.
Winter Walk Through Night is December 1 from 6 - 8pm.
- Admission is: $5 per adult
- Children under 16 are admitted free with a paying adult.
Leave your car behind and take a leisurely stroll through thousands of bright, twinkling holiday lights.
Festival of Lights Drive Through
Drive through the Festival of Lights December 2 - 23 from 6 - 9pm nightly. Take a magical journey through tunnels of dazzling, animated and stationary light displays. Watch the lights twinkle over the lake and turn on your favorite holiday music. Admission is:
- $10 per passenger vehicle
- $20 for large vans, motor coaches, and buses
- Advance tickets may be purchased for $7 per passenger vehicle and $14 for large vans, motor coaches, and buses.
- Advance tickets can be purchased online at festivaloflights.buncomberecreation.org.
Not only are you creating fantastic family memories, you are also helping the community! 20% of proceeds are donated to Buncombe County Special Olympics, while the remaining income is reinvested to enhance the Festival of Lights for the following year.
The Lake Julian Festival of Lights is presented by Buncombe County Recreation Services. Businesses interested in partnering with this time treasured event are encouraged to contact Buncombe County Recreation Services for sponsorship information. For more information, call 250-4260.