Since you can’t come to us while the libraries are closed, we are bringing some of our programs to you using Facebook live and ZOOM broadcasts.
- Please join us for Your Story Matters on Facebook and share guided activities for all ages. If you're looking for a fun project to do with materials you already have at home, check out what Buncombe County librarians have planned! Every week day we'll post an activity to the Pack Memorial Library Facebook page at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., followed with examples of what we've made for the activity.
- In May, we’ll have a free class on Starting Your Own Podcast for teens and adults. Learn the ins and outs of podcasting in 10 easy steps from the hosts behind the popular Making It in Asheville podcast. You will need to register for this free class on the library calendar at buncombecounty.org/library.
- Our Pilates and Tai Chi classes have gone virtual. We have licensed instructors leading online exercise hours every month. Tai Chi is every Thursday morning at 10 a.m. and Pilates is the fourth Saturday of the month at 11 a.m. We know you have your sweatpants on, so put them to good use.
- Our popular Spanish Conversation Group is zooming every Thursday at 6 p.m.
- We have at home Art Lessons with Margaret featured every three days. We'll post the supplies needed for art class on our library Facebook pages.
- We have Art Adventures for Kids on the last Friday of every month and online Dungeons and Dragons for teens on Tuesdays at 4 p.m.
- If you’d like to join an online book club, check the calendar for branch book club virtual meetings.
- Zoom with the NC Room is for homebound local historians looking to connect with library resources. Join NC Room collections manager Katherine for a fun and informative series of virtual events aimed to help you learn about our digital services, develop new skills, and introduce you to local history and genealogy.
If you have any questions, about a certain class or material needed, let us know, send a comment or DM on Facebook. All our programs are open to everyone and you don’t need to have a Facebook account to join.
Hopefully, social distancing and self-quarantine just got a little easier. We're in this together friends. Be safe and wash your hands.