Have you wondered how the Mediterraneans are so healthy? Go Med by exploring seven simple steps to eating the Med Way, through tips, life hacks, and recipes that help you eat the Med Way every day.
Variety of Instructors. More Social Interaction. More tools.
In October, some of the Family and Consumer Sciences Extension professionals from across the West District of North Carolina will join together to host an online series of the Med Instead of Meds program.
Here's what you can expect:
- Learn 1-2 simple Med steps, including tips and hacks, each session.
- A wealth of knowledge from Extension professionals.
- More social interaction to share your successes and challenges, including a Facebook group and discussions.
- Med Way recipes with live cooking instruction.
- Tips to help you stay on track through the holidays.
Each week class participants will meet on Mondays from 5:30-7 p.m. The format consists of:
- Weekly meetings via Zoom (includes presentation, live cooking demo, and Q&A).
- Follow-up emails with printable handouts, recipes, and links to recorded cooking demos.
- Offline challenges and activities within a closed Facebook group.
- Access to five Extension professionals to answer your questions about the Med Way.
Registration for each session is required since they build on each other for a complete fun and educational experience.
All sessions are on Monday from 5:30-7 p.m. To register, click here.
- Session 1: Oct. 12
- Session 2: Oct. 19
- Session 3: Oct. 26
- Session 4: Nov. 2
- Session 5: Nov. 9
- Session 6: Nov. 16
Registration ends Friday, Oct. 9. For additional information, contact Cathy Hohenstein at or (828) 250-4874.