If you’re a local nonprofit organization that wants to help shape the future of Buncombe County, then funding may be available to help realize or continue your goals. Strategic Partnership Grants fund nonprofit organizations with programs that promote a healthy, safe, well-educated, and thriving community with a sustainable quality of life. County Commissioners are dedicated to setting fiscally, socially, and environmentally responsible goals that will guide decisions and improve our community for future generations.
A new committee is currently being established to make grant recommendations to the Board of Commissioners. Members will represent areas across Buncombe County and bring expertise from the areas of Education, Environment, Economy & Well-Being.
· Jan. 17, 2020 – Optional grant writing workshop
· Feb. 14, 2020 – Applications are due by 5 p.m.
· Feb. 17-April 23, 2020 – Applications reviewed by committee based on their meeting schedule
· May 19, 2020 – Committee grant recommendations published with County Manager’s budget message
· June 2, 2020 – Public hearing on budget as part of Board of Commissioners’ regular meeting
· June 16, 2010 – Grant awards finalized with County budget adoption during Board of Commissioners’ regular meeting
To learn more about the Strategic Partnership Grants, please visit buncombecounty.org/grants and click on “Strategic Partnership Grants.”