This news item expired on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
The Buncombe County Health & Human Services (HHS) Board is accepting applications for an Optometrist to join the HHS Board as defined in NCGS 153A-77.
In addition to meeting the qualifications of an optometrist, the applicant must be a resident of Buncombe County. The HHS Board meets monthly on the fourth Friday of the month at 200 College Street, Asheville, NC.
Under NCGS 153A-77(d), the HHS Board shall have authority to:
- Set fees for departmental services based upon recommendations of the human services director. Fees set under this subdivision are subject to the same restrictions on amount and scope that would apply if the fees were set by a county board of health, a county board of social services, or a mental health, developmental disabilities, and substance abuse area authority.
- Assure compliance with laws related to State and federal programs.
- Recommend creation of local human services programs.
- Adopt local health regulations and participate in enforcement appeals of local regulations.
- Perform regulatory health functions required by State law.
- Act as coordinator or agent of the State to the extent required by State or federal law.
- Plan and recommend a consolidated human services budget.
- Conduct audits and reviews of human services programs, including quality assurance activities, as required by State and federal law or as may otherwise be necessary periodically.
- Advise local officials through the county manager.
- Perform public relations and advocacy functions.
- Protect the public health to the extent required by law.
- Perform comprehensive mental health services planning if the county is exercising the powers and duties of an area mental health, developmental disabilities, and substance abuse services board under the consolidated human services board.
- Develop dispute resolution procedures for human services contractors and clients and public advocates, subject to applicable State and federal dispute resolution procedures for human services programs, when applicable.
This Board position shall fill an unexpired term through July of 2019. The appointment will be made by the Buncombe County Board of Commissioners after presentation of qualified applicants by the Buncombe County Health & Human Services Board.
Applications will be accepted through October 31, 2017 and may be submitted to Kathy Hughes, Clerk to the Board of Commissioners at 200 College Street, Suite 300, Asheville, NC 28801.
For questions, applicants may contact Jim Holland at 828.250.5588.
Table: News Item Documents
|File Name||Size||Type||Date & Time Added
||09/13/2017 1:39 PM