This news item expired on Friday, August 18, 2017 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR ENERGY AUDITS OF COMMUNITY BUILDINGS
||July 25, 2017
||August 25, 2017 @ 5 pm
||Buncombe County Office of Sustainability
200 College St, 4th floor
Asheville, NC 28801
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
Pursuant to the General Statutes of North Carolina, statements of qualification will be received for the following:
BUNCOMBE COUNTY ENERGY AUDIT
Buncombe County is seeking candidates interested in providing engineering services to conduct energy audits for a variety community facilities and suggest innovative solutions for improved energy efficiency and reduced energy cost. Statements of Qualification will be accepted until 5:00 pm on Friday, August 25, 2017 for the above-named item at the Buncombe County Office of Sustainability, 200 College St. 4th Floor, Asheville, North Carolina, 28801. Prior experience and an established process for conducting large scale energy audits is required. Buncombe County encourages submittals from minority businesses by providing certified minorities an equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of the RFQ process. One (1) hard copy and one digital copy in pdf format of said statements of qualification must be submitted in person or by mail. Additional RFQ submittal requirements should be obtained by contacting the Office of Sustainability at (828) 250-4976.
Request for Qualifications Authorized by: Jeremiah P. LeRoy, Sustainability Officer
Buncombe County is seeking candidates interested in providing engineering services that will provide Energy Control Measures through conducting energy audits of a variety of community organizations and designing innovative solutions for improved energy efficiency and reduced energy cost.
B. Project Summary
The project will consist of conducting energy audits and energy analysis (equivalent to ASHRAE Level 2) of a variety of community agencies, which may include county owned facilities, nonprofit facilities, low income multi-family residences, and others; as well as proposing viable, innovative and cost effective solutions to reduce energy costs and improve energy efficiency in these facilities. The information derived from this project will be used for planning purposes and will not be implemented as a performance contract.
C. Submission Requirements
Letter of Interest – A letter of interest must be submitted giving the qualifications of the project team, including the firm history, individual resumes, current and completed projects of a similar nature over the last five years.
Please provide a list and description of similar projects completed by (the firm)/(each firm) within the last five years which are relevant to the scope, size, and complexity of the project as listed above;
For these projects, please provide current contact information for references, including position title, direct telephone number(s), and email address(s).
Provide examples of the past experience of key members of the proposed team on the projects itemized regarding the above.
Provide an organizational chart and resumes which will address the following:
- Name the Principal in Charge, Project Manager, and other individuals to be assigned to the project, providing for each the number of years of service with the company, number of years of professional experience, and educational background inclusive of professional certifications (if a joint venture, please list the above for each firm to be involved). Please indicate the number of persons employed by (each) firm. If the firm has multiple offices, please also list the number of persons employed by each office location proposed to provide engineering services for this project.
- For sub-consultants, please list the names and addresses of each company, as well as the name of any individuals to be assigned to the project.
- Provide a list of the current workload of the firm(s) and the individual workload of the Project Manager(s).
- Provide information on how long the firm(s) has been offering energy audit/renewable feasibility studies as a service.
- Provide the office location(s) which will be handling the project.
- Provide the firm(s) unit cost per square foot for conducting building energy audits.
- Deadline – One (1) hard copy and one digital copy in pdf format of the submission must be received by the Buncombe County Office of Sustainability by 5:00 pm on August 25, 2017.
Applicants will be evaluated in conjunction with the anticipated needs of the County and information provided by the applicants as well as information obtained from references, persons, or other sources identified by the applicant or otherwise known by the County. Prior experience and an established process for conducting large scale energy audits are required.
E. Contact Information
Any questions about the submittal process should be directed to the contact person:
Jeremiah P. LeRoy, Sustainability Officer
Buncombe County Office of Sustainability
200 College St
Asheville, NC 28801