After an extensive remodeling project, Tax Collections’ lobby has been expanded and can accommodate in-person services while adhering to social distancing requirements. Per our Stay Safe, Stay Smart order, we ask that you wear a face covering while inside County facilities. If you do not have a face covering, we can provide one. We also ask that if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, you use one of our alternative methods of accessing our services.
Overall, Buncombe County has taken precautions and audited our public-facing facilities to determine the safest way to operate. As a result, here are some of our countywide precautions:
- Installation of plexiglass barriers for public-based work
- Increased sanitation and cleaning of County facilities
- Public accessibility of hand sanitizer and disposable face coverings
- Social distancing markers and signage
- Comprehensive internal procedures for employees to foster a safe workplace, including a daily employee self-screening tool
Tax Collections’ alternative means of services remain available, and we encourage the public to use those methods when possible. To look up property information or your tax amount due, visit buncombecounty.org/tax.
You can make tax payments:
- By phone: 1-877-690-3729, jurisdiction code 4301 (If payments are made online or by phone with an electronic check, no service fees apply.)
- By mail: PO Box 3140, Asheville, NC 28802
- Driveway of the Family Justice Center, 35 Woodfin Street, Asheville
- Next to the Tax Department Office Entrance, 94 Coxe Ave.
If you have additional questions, you can contact Tax Collections via email at email@example.com or call (828) 250-4910.