"Learn the game. Live the experience."
The Buncombe County Sports Park, located at Enka-Candler, North Carolina, is a beautiful park surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Buncombe County Sports Park is dedicated to developing programs that encourage teamwork, positive attitudes, and building a strong future for sports in our communities.
The Park has been created by the generous donations of time, materials, and money of many sponsors and Buncombe County Commissioners.
- Seven soccer fields
- For Youth recreational soccer in Buncombe county visit Asheville Buncombe Youth Soccer at www.abysa.org.
- Sand Beach Volleyball Court
- Bocce Ball Courts
- Walking Trail
- The walking trail at the Buncombe County Sports Park is approximately 0.6 miles long and made of crushed gravel. It is ideal for walking, running, bicycles and baby strollers.
- Walking Trail Map (PDF)
- Picnic areas (covered and uncovered)
- Concession Area
- Sand Hill Community Garden
- Sand Hill Community Fruit and Nut Orchard
- Sponsorship opportunities open to local businesses are available throughout the Park. These sponsorships help build, maintain, and allow for future development of the Park as well as help the growth of local businesses.
- Hosting future tournaments will also bring families and tourists into the area for extended weekends, thus bringing more revenue to the area.
Park opens daily at 8:00 a.m. and closes at dark year round. During hazardous weather conditions the Park may be closed to the public.
Learn about appropriate conduct at Buncombe County parks by viewing the park rules section of the Departmental Policies page.
Sports Park Facility Map
United States Youth Soccer Association
North Carolina Youth Soccer Association