Buncombe County Government has presented our financial, budget, and capital project information in an easily assessable format that allows everyone to a new way to explore the county budget. We want to show citizens that their tax dollars are being used wisely and responsibly and that we understand the importance of open governance and transparency.
Here’s some of the information that’s available:
- Organized for simple searches to examine:
- County debt levels and affordability
- New capital projects planner
- County budget
- Staff salaries and benefits
- Links to the County Board meeting minutes and Board approval
- Addresses current Freedom of Information Request
- Review upcoming proposed County Board actions which require two-week notice and description of the proposed changes
- Review proposed policy changes which are highlighted to make it easy to see the suggested changes
Visit buncombecounty.org/transparency to explore your county government at work.
Buncombe County wants an open line of communication to give you a voice in how your government runs. We want to hear from you because we are fully committed to making sure your county government is responsive to your needs, concerns, and ideas. Our promise is to listen, learn and serve you to the best of our ability.
You can call and leave a message at (828) 250-4066, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form here. Your questions, concerns and comments will be responded to in a timely manner.