Kick off Halloween weekend by voting early and giving the precious gift of blood. Buncombe County and the Red Cross are holding a blood drive at Harrah’s Cherokee Center (formerly the Asheville Civic Center), which is also an Early Voting site.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Appointments are not necessary, but strongly encouraged. Email Carla Hollar or call (828) 250-4701 to schedule your appointment.
- COVID-19 precautions will be in place: Temperatures will be checked, everyone must wear a face mask, donations stations will be at least six feet apart, sanitizer will be available, and other best practices will be adhered to.
- Candy! Everyone that comes out will get a Halloween treat bag.
- You need a driver’s license, donor card, or two other forms of ID.
- The Red Cross will send all donors a $5 Amazon gift card courtesy of Suburban Propane.
- All blood donations will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies.
When: Friday, Oct. 30 from 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Where: Harrah’s Cherokee Center (formerly the Asheville Civic Center), 87 Haywood St., downtown Asheville.