Update: March 23, 8:24 p.m.
Mountain Mobility Updated Operating Status
Election Services Office Closed to Public
Live Chat with Appraisal Experts: How to Reach Tax Assessment
Amended Operations for Tax Collections
Permits & Inspections Work Continues
Amended Operations for WNC Regional Air Quality
Register of Deeds Modifys In-Person Services
From Buncombe Fire Departments: All Buncombe County Fire Departments have implemented limited public access to all facilities. Please dial 911 for any emergencies and conduct any business by phone or email. No station tours will be given until further notice. Please respect social distancing guidlines when Fire and EMS crews are seen in public.
Effective March 18, Buncombe County will modify services until further notice to protect our citizens and staff and minimize opportunities to spread COVID-19 in our community. All nonessential, public-facing functions are closed at this time. Since this is a rapidly evolving situation, we will reevaluate these changes as more information becomes available and provide more detailed information here.
Essential operations including Emergency Services, Public Health and Health and Human Services mandated services, Sheriff’s Office, Solid Waste, and Transportation to continue.
Taking into consideration CDC and NCDHHS recommendations on social distancing and measures taken across the nation to include travel bans, school closures, quarantines, and event cancellations, the County is taking the following measures until further notice:
- Some nonessential employees will temporarily telecommute and/or be in emergency on-call status.
- For essential employees unable to work remotely, increasing physical working space between employees and modifying operations are among the options being evaluated.
- Public access to county facilities that house nonessential functions will be restricted or closed.
- All public libraries will be closed. You can access digital library resources here.
- All County parks and fields are closed to the public.
- Permitting Office will be closed, but permitting remains available.
- All Advisory Boards and Commission meetings are canceled.
We will continue to share information as it becomes available. Buncombe County residents can access all of our online resources and find regularly updated information at buncombecounty.org. Find the latest COVID-19 information here.
Online County resources available
These are payment/application functions that can be done online: