Every second counts in an emergency. Making sure your address is correct and visible helps first responders find your home faster. Safety is our priority, and the County has created an easy way to verify you are using the correct address when you call 911.
So, take a second and visit discover.buncombecounty.org to verify your address:
- Click the 911 verification tab, and follow the instructions.
- If you don’t have internet access, have Buncombe County Planning check your 911 address by calling (828) 250-4845.
Here are some additional tips to help first responders find your home:
- Make sure your address is posted in a visible location unobstructed by objects such as tree limbs, bushes, debris, or decorations.
- Your address should be displayed in a manner to be visible from the street.
- Use reflective or contrasting colors to display your street number.
- If your house is not visible from the street, your numbers should be posted where your driveway meets the street.