Don't forget, the Tax Office has a new location at 94 Coxe Avenue, downtown Asheville.
Their new location will not accommodate long lines inside the building. If you wait until late December or January 5 to pay, long lines may form outside the building. We encourage you to pay earlier or use one of our other convenient payment options.
Payments must be received or postmarked no later than January 5, 2018 to avoid 2% interest.
Payment plan options are offered by the tax department but must be set up early to participate. If you need a payment plan, call our office immediately. (828) 250-4910
There are several ways to pay your taxes:
- In person at the Tax Office at 94 Coxe Avenue --Parking Lot across from entrance to the Tax Department with a limited number of spaces
- By mail: Use the convenient self-addressed envelope included with your bill.
- Drop box: Place your check or money order in our drive-up payment box located at 35 Woodfin Street. The payment box is located on the driver’s side of the driveway as you exit the parking lot.
- Credit Card and Electronic check payments through Online Bill Pay
- Credit Card by phone: Dial 1-877-690-3729 and enter the jurisdiction code (4301) follow the instructions.
- Preauthorized Debit program: Contact the tax office at (828) 250-4910 to get more information regarding this option and to get it started.
If you have misplaced your bill or need a receipt, tax bills and receipts may be printed online at www.buncombetax.org.
If you are having trouble paying your property tax bill, it's important that you contact the Tax Office at 250-4910.