Recycling at the Transfer Station
The following materials are accepted at the Buncombe County Transfer Station at no charge:
- oil filters
- lead acid batteries
- corrugated cardboard
- blue bags or co-mingled recyclables including:
- Metal Cans -Aluminum, Steel, Tin, EMPTY Aerosol cans (If the cans are not empty, they are considered a household hazardous waste (HHW) and needs to be brought to the landfill during HHW collection every Friday, except holidays, from 9am - 3pm.
- Plastic - All Bottles, Jugs, and Containers #1 - #7 (EX: plastic yogurt containers, margarine tubs, plastic take out containers (i.e. clam shells)
- Glass - Bottles and Jars (clear, brown, green)
- Aluminum - Pie Tins, Food Trays
- Paper Cartons - Milk & Juice Cartons and Juice Boxes
- Newspapers and inserts
- Mixed Paper - Catalogs, Junk mail, Magazines, Cereal boxes, Egg cartons (paper), Envelopes, Manila envelopes, Office paper, Paper, Phone books, Glossy paper, Post-It-Notes, Brown paper bags, Paper towel rolls, Shredded paper (place in paper bag with top rolled down)
- residential non-infectious medical waste
The Transfer Station does not accept:
- motor oils
- wood waste
||190 Hominy Creek Road,
Asheville, NC 28801
|Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.