Visitation appointments are made by the visitor. An inmate must be classified and assigned to a housing unit to receive a visit. Contact the Detention Facility Front Desk at (828) 250-4610 or (828) 250-4557 to schedule a visitation appointment.
- Visitors must have valid state or federal ID card or driver's license. All identification must contain bearer's photograph.
- Minors fifteen (15) years old, or younger, do not need identification when a parent or legal guardian accompanies them.
- Adults sixteen (16) years old, or older, must have proper identification to visit.
- Children may not be left unattended at any time.
- No purses, female wallets, bags, pocket knives, weapons, cellular phones, radios, cameras, pens, pencils, paper, tobacco items, matches, lighters, pictures, nail clippers, nail files, sharp items, or recording devices of any kind are allowed.
- No items may be left unattended in the lobby area.
- A visit may consist of one adult and one child.
- An inmate may have five people on his/her approved visitor list. You must be on the inmates approved list in order to visit.
Rules of Dress for Visitors
These rules of dress will be strictly enforced. Shirt and shoes are mandatory. The following are not allowed:
- Tube tops, halter tops, or tank tops.
- Spaghetti strapped tops or bare midriff.
- Clothing displaying gang affiliation.
- Pant or shirts with see-through fabric.
- Shorts above mid-thigh (14 years of age and above).
- Dresses/skirts above mid-thigh.
- Wave caps, doo rags, or bandanas.
- Clothing of a generally revealing nature.
- Spandex clothing.
- Tights without shorts.
- Any other item of clothing DEEMED BY THE STAFF to be contrary to the policy of modest and acceptable dress will not be allowed.