If you and your fiancé are planning on getting married in the next 60 days within the state of North Carolina, the Buncombe County Register of Deeds office would be glad to issue your Marriage License.
- Marriage Licenses are issued during business hours (8:00 am - 5:00 pm) at the Buncombe County Register of Deeds Office at 205 College St. Please plan to arrive by 4:30 pm if possible.
- To obtain a license, both parties must be present with valid photo identification AND Social Security Cards.
- The license is valid for 60 days from the date of issue and can be used for marriage anywhere within the state of North Carolina.
- The fee for the Marriage License is $60.00 and can be paid with cash/check/Visa/MasterCard.
- For your convenience, you may complete the Online Marriage License Application from home prior to your visit. The Application can also be completed upon arrival at the Register of Deeds office.
- Once the ceremony is performed, the completed license must be returned to the Register of Deeds Office within 10 days. A certificate of marriage can then be issued. Go to the Marriage Certificate Page for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
We accept Visa/MasterCard, cash, personal checks, or money orders payable to Register of Deeds.