It's easier and faster than ever to get free food every month through WIC if you're a qualifying pregnant woman, postpartum woman, infant, or child. Check out the video below to see all of the great nutritional food you can get every month!
Aside from food, eligible participants also receive nutrition education and counseling at WIC clinics, and screening and referrals to other health, welfare, and social services. The income guidelines for WIC are less than that of Food Stamps, so you could be eligible for WIC and not even know it. Plus, wait times at WIC offices are shorter than ever, with the average appointment lasting between 25 and 60 minutes.
WIC has 4 office locations to make it easy for you to find services.
- MAHEC OB-GYN Specialists
- 119 Hendersonville Road, Asheville
- For patients of MAHEC OB-GYN Specialists and their children
- Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm / Friday 1pm - 5pm
- Western North Carolina Health Services (WNCCHS)
- 257 Biltmore Ave, Asheville
- For patients of WNCCHS and their children
- Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- 828.285.0622 (ext. 2174)
For more information about Buncombe County's WIC program, visit buncombecounty.org/WIC or call 828.250.5000.