- We promote a healthy, safe, well-educated, and thriving community with a sustainable quality of life.
- We provide effective and efficient government our citizens can trust.
- We deliver needed service through a responsive work force committed to excellence, integrity, and teamwork.
To achieve this mission, Buncombe County Government realizes the importance of a diverse professional workforce and the need to foster a responsive and innovative organizational culture, one that fully engages all of our employees, honoring and building on each employee's unique experiences, opinions, and perspective.
Current Job Listings
Table: Jop Opportunities
||Tax Data Collector I||Tax Department
||Income Maintenance Caseworker II||Social Services Dept
||Detention Officer I||Sheriffs Department
||Investigation Assessment & Treatment Social Worker (Investigations/In-Home/Foster Care Social Worker)||Social Services Dept
||Staff Development Specialist I||Social Services Dept
Buncombe County pools are now under the management of Swim Club Management. Applicants interested in working at the pools should apply on their website at lifeguardasheville.com, or contact Sarah McKenzie at (828) 348-4770.
Buncombe County School Health Nurse service is now provided contractually by Mountain Area Health Education Center. To apply for current School Health Nurse positions please send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit their career page: mahec.net/about-us/employment.
How can I apply for County Employment?
Applications are accepted for posted position vacancies only. Please apply online. Paper applications are not accepted.
The full application package contains the Buncombe County application for employment, work history continuation sheet, Buncombe County authorization for release of personal and confidential information and the Buncombe County drug screening through urinalysis applicant consent form.
A college transcript must accompany applications for Social Worker positions. Please attach a copy or have your college send one to:
Should you require special assistance to apply for a position, please contact Human Resources at 828-250-4166.
Buncombe County Human Resources
200 College Street, Suite 403
Asheville, NC 28801
- Resumes are not accepted in place of applications and will not be accepted via e-mail. A resume may accompany a completed application for a posted vacancy.
- Drug screen consent & personal information release documents are required with all applications.
- To apply for more than one position, you must submit a separate application for each position.
- Be sure to indicate on the application the specific position for which you are applying.