Business Services offered through the Mountain Area Workforce Development Board and the Division of Workforce Solutions' Workforce Career Centers in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison and Transylvania Counties include:
Recruitment and Training Support
- The Division of Workforce Solutions (previously ESC) and Workforce Career Centers (previously JobLink Centers) assist employers with recruitment, screening, pre-employment skills assessment, and referrals of qualified job seekers registered in the new NCWorks.gov business data base (previously NC Job Connector).
- NCWorks.gov provides employers no-fee job-posting services with candidate matching capabilities, Labor Market Information, and many other features.
- The On-the Job Training Programs for New Hires and Incumbent Workers provides employers up to a 75% wage reimbursement for training eligible individuals. Candidates are screened, assessed and referred for consideration or employers can reverse refer for consideration.
- The Incumbent Worker Development Program is a competitive state-wide retention solutions grant that provides employers up to a $40,000 lifetime max for incumbent worker training. Guidelines provide details. Find out more about the Incumbent Worker Development Program.
- Through the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Program, workforce career center staff assist U.S. workers who have lost or may lose their jobs as a result of foreign trade. Affected workers have opportunities to obtain the skills, credentials, resources, and support necessary to become reemployed. www.doleta.gov.
- The Workforce Career Centers can organize and market an employer interview day and arrange interview times for screened candidates.
- Job Fairs are organized by local chambers, the community colleges, and other workforce partners to provide access to job seekers.
Skills Assessment and Development
- The Workforce Career Centers provide no-fee testing services for job seekers and employees in the areas of clerical, computer software, customer service, and basic finance.
- The Workforce Career Centers provide no-fee skills development for registered NCWorks job seekers and employees. On-line tutorials available for Career Readiness Certificate preparation and for other workplace hard and soft skills.
- The Workforce Career Centers' Veteran's representatives assist employers in understanding tax credit incentives for hiring Veterans through The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC). The WOTC is a Federal tax credit available to employers who hire and retain veterans and individuals from other eligible target groups. www.doleta.gov
- The Workforce Career Centers' assist employers in understanding The Federal Bonding Program which provides Fidelity Bonds that guarantee honesty for "at-risk", hard-to-place job seekers. The bonds cover the first six months of employment. There is no cost to the job applicant or the employer. www.bonds4jobs.com
Other Business Services
- Employer visits for assessing current and future workforce needs are conducted by business service staff. Referrals to workforce partner organizations and resources that can assist the employer with specific needs are often an outcome.
- The business service coordinator and business service team provide presentations to groups on business services by request.