Identification Services include:
- Maintaining a criminal history record which includes but is not limited to the following documents:
- the arrest sheet
- the mug-shot (photograph)
- the criminal fingerprint card
- the court disposition record and
- any court ordered item (e.g. dismissals, corrections, amendments, etc).
- Providing criminal histories for background checks (Buncombe County cases only).
- FEE: $5.00 CASH ONLY & 24-hour processing period
- Download Record Check Request Form for Buncombe County: (Word / PDF)
- Fingerprinting for the general public for purposes of employment, properties, securities, child-care, adoption, etc.
All fingerprinting for Immigration & / Naturalization Services (INS) purposes must be done in Charlotte, North Carolina. For more information, please call the INS HELP LINE at 1-800-375-5283 (9 a.m.- 4 p.m. est).