This news item expired on Saturday, April 29, 2017 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
Help keep prescription drugs out of reach for kids in our community.
Dispose of any unneeded medications safely at The Take Back event on Saturday April 29 from 10am - 2 pm at:
Walgreens at 1124 Patton Avenue; 1835 Hendersonville Road; 91 Tunnel Road; 841 Merrimon Avenue and 578 Leicester Highway
CVS at 505 Smokey Park Highway; 425 W State Street in Black Mountain and
Asheville Airport in Fletcher.
Most abused prescription drugs come from family and friends. You could be a drug dealer without even knowing it.
- Overdose deaths involving prescription medications used to treat pain have increased to almost 17,000 deaths a year in the United States.
- An estimated 493,000 people, age 12 or older used a prescription pain reliever nonmedically for the first time within the past 12 months. This averages to about 1,350 initiates (or first time users) per day.
Please follow these instructions:
- remove identification from all medications.
- separate pill, liquids and inhalers.
- use a different disposal paper or plastic bag for each type of medication.
- empty dry pill medications into a bag
- leave liquid medications in their original container and place in a separate bag
- NO radioative medications such as cancer medications, needles or sharpes accepted.
The Partnership for Substance Free Youth of Buncombe County has collected over 2,000 lbs of unneeded medication in just the past year. Let’s keep it going!
Table: News Item Documents
|File Name||Size||Type||Date & Time Added
||04/10/2017 9:45 AM