This news item expired on Saturday, August 4, 2012 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
Super Summer Meals are now available for ALL kids under 18 - no strings attached! To find the most convenient Super Summer Meal site, simply text “FOODNC” to 877877, put in a street address or zip code, and get a list of all locations within a 10 mile radius. A complete list of the sites can be found below.
NOTE: Some school sites are closed on Fridays if the school is closed and no other programs operate on the site those days.
- HOMINY VALLEY ELEMENTARY Mon - Fri
Breakfast 9-9:30 a.m. Lunch 11 - 11:30 a.m.
- HOMINY VALLEY POOL Mon - Fri
Lunch 11:30 - 12:30 am
- POLE CREEK BAPTIST CHURCH CANDLER Mon - Fri
Breakfast 8:45 - 9:30 am, Lunch 11:45 - 12:30 pm
NORTH BUNCOMBE DISTRICT
- NORTH BUNCOMBE POOL Mon - Fri
Lunch 11:15 - 12 Noon
- CHARLES C BELL ELEMENTARY Mon - Fri
Breakfast 9 - 9:30 am, Lunch 11:00 - 11:30 am
- OAKLEY ELEMENTARY Mon-Thu
Lunch 11 - 11:30 am
- LEDGEWOOD APTS 75 Future St. ASHEVILLE Mon - Fri
Lunch 11:45 - 12:30 pm
- LUTHERAN CHURCH OF THE NATIVITY 2425 Hendersonville Rd. Arden Mon - Fri
Lunch 11:30 to 12:30 pm
- ERWIN POOL Mon - Fri
Lunch 11:15 - 12:15 pm
- DEAVERVIEW APARTMENTS Mon - Thurs
Lunch 12:15 - 1 pm
- LEICESTER ELEMENTARY Tue - Thurs
Lunch 11:30- Noon
- WOODFIN ELEMENTARY Mon - Thurs
Breakfast 9 - 9:30 am, Lunch 11:15 - 12:15 pm
- BLACK MOUNTAIN PRIMARY Mon - Fri
Breakfast 9 - 9:30 am, Lunch 11 - 11:30 am
- OWEN POOL Monday - Friday
Lunch 11:15 - Noon
What is Super Summer Meals?
Buncombe County Schools is one of 12 out of the state’s 115 school districts to serve as a pilot for expanding summer meals. The pilot program is a collaboration between Buncombe County Schools, Buncombe County Parks, Greenways & Recreation, No Kid Hungry NC, the NC Department of Public Instruction, and the NC Department of Health and Human Services’ Division of Public Health.
The US Department of Agriculture has granted a special waiver to the pilot participants that allow them to waive some of the administrative requirements and receive the highest reimbursement rates for meals served. Buncombe County Schools is receiving a mini-grant from No Kid Hungry to help defray operational expenses. Learn more.