After receiving competitive bids for the residential garbage franchise, Buncombe County Commissioners awarded the franchise to Waste Pro USA. This company will be locating their North Carolina headquarters in Buncombe County.
The base rate will be $14.77 per month ($44.31 per quarter) which includes once per week garbage and once per week recycling collection. Billing will be done quarterly in advance.
- GARBAGE -- Service frequency remains the same - once per week garbage service for a combination of up to 5 -32 gallon garbage cans or 32 gallon garbage bags. (Yard waste is not included.)
As an option, a 95 gallon cart for garbage will be provided by Waste Pro for an additional $3.50 per month, otherwise customers can only use a combination of 32 gallon size containers and/or bags.
- RECYCLING -- Service frequency remains the same - once per week collection for an unlimited amount of recycling materials. Customers will have 3 choices of how to store and set out recycling materials:
- Continue to use the blue bags at no additional cost
- Waste Pro will provide 18 gallon plastic recycling bins for $0.35 each per month
- Waste Pro will provide a 64 gallon recycling cart for $3 per month.
- (a new service for electronic waste recycling (TV's, old computers, etc.) will be provided at no additional charge on a call-in basis)
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES -- Back door service is available for an additional $12 per month - long driveways would be extra
- Bulky item pick up - $25 each
- White goods pick up - $35 each
Customers will be receiving additional information about collection schedules and how to set up their account in November. They will receive their first bill in December.
For more information about Waste Pro, check out www.wasteprousa.com or call locally at (828) 684-7790.
81 Panther Branch Road
Alexander, NC 28701
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(loads requiring more than 30 minutes to unload must be in the landfill by 4:00 p.m.)
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
(loads requiring more than 30 minutes to unload must be in the landfill by 12:00 p.m.)