After being signed up for service, trips may be scheduled by calling reservations at (828) 250-6750, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Trips may be scheduled up to one month in advance. Voice mail is available after hours, on weekends, and on holidays. Drivers are not allowed to take reservations for passengers. Agencies may complete a Mountain Mobility Reservation Form on behalf of clients. Reservation forms may be faxed (828) 252-0367. An electronic form is available upon request.
Mountain Mobility schedules are more flexible in accommodating medical appointment times between the off-peak hours of 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Grocery and other shopping trips must be scheduled according to existing routes, days, time, and location of stores.
Please have the following information available to schedule a trip:
- Name of the passenger who will be riding
- Street address of the passenger who will be riding
- Telephone number of the passenger who will be riding
- Destination name and street address of where the passenger needs to go
- Date of the appointment
- Time of the appointment
- Return time (two hours automatically scheduled if return time is not known/provided)
- If applicable, type of assistive device used (wheelchair, walker, cane)
- If an escort or personal care attendant will accompany the passenger
- If a child will be transported, the type of child safety seat will be needed
- If shopping, any need for help with packages
For safety reasons and due to eligibility restrictions, passengers are not allowed to get off van at any location other than their scheduled destination.