Any permanent resident or property owner in Buncombe County may obtain a free library card by presenting identification with a current address. You must show one ID with photograph, name and address or a combination of two pieces of identification with name and address (ie. driver's license, utility bill, bank statement or printed checks). You can register at any location for a library card which can be used system-wide.
Young adults ages 13 through 15 without their own identification may be issued a library card using a parent's identification.
Applications for children 12 years of age or under must have a parent or legal guardian's signature and ID.
- You must bring your library card to borrow, renew or request materials.
- All materials charged on your library card are your responsibility.
- Please notify the library if you lose your card or move.
- There is a $3.00 fee to replace cards.
You must show one ID with photograph, name and address or a combination of two pieces of identification with name and address (driver's license, utility bill, bank statement or printed checks are common examples).
- Free library card issued for one year. Cards available at any library to residents and property owners in Buncombe County. Non-resident fee is $20 per year.
- Valid identification required, please.
Parent or guardians signature and identification required for children 12 and under.
- Library card valid system wide.
- Library card must be presented to borrow, renew or request materials.
- Adult library card must be presented to borrow videocassettes.
- All library materials charged on your card are your responsibility.
- Notify the library if you lose your card or move. Replacement charge for lost cards is $3.00.
To get a library card, please print an application (PDF).
Fill it out and bring it, along with proper ID, to any Buncombe County Public Library branch.
p. (828) 250-4711
Pack Memorial Library
67 Haywood Street
Asheville, NC 28801
p. (828) 250-4700