Any permanent resident or property owner in Buncombe County may obtain a free library card by presenting identification with a current address. You must show one ID with photograph, name and address or a combination of two pieces of identification with name and address (ie. driver's license, utility bill, bank statement or printed checks). You can register at any location for a library card which can be used system-wide.
Young adults ages 13 through 15 without their own identification may be issued a library card using a parent's identification.
Applications for children 12 years of age or under must have a parent or legal guardian's signature and ID.
- You must bring your library card to borrow, renew or request materials.
- All materials charged on your library card are your responsibility.
- Please notify the library if you lose your card or move.
- There is a $3.00 fee to replace cards.
You must show one ID with photograph, name and address or a combination of two pieces of identification with name and address (driver's license, utility bill, bank statement or printed checks are common examples).
- Free library card issued for one year. Cards available at any library to residents and property owners in Buncombe County. Non-resident fee is $20 per year.
- Valid identification required, please.
Parent or guardians signature and identification required for children 12 and under.
- Library card valid system wide.
- Library card must be presented to borrow, renew or request materials.
- Adult library card must be presented to borrow videocassettes.
- All library materials charged on your card are your responsibility.
- Notify the library if you lose your card or move. Replacement charge for lost cards is $3.00.
To get a library card, please print an application (PDF).
Fill it out and bring it, along with proper ID, to any Buncombe County Public Library branch.
Pack Memorial Library
67 Haywood Street
Asheville, NC 28801