Buncombe County Public Health Foundation, Inc.
The Buncombe County Public Health Foundation, Inc. is a private, non-profit foundation established to achieve specific objectives:
- Assuring access to health and dental care for the medically indigent population.
- Developing a countywide school health program.
- Addressing those public health needs which cannot be met by established organizations.
- Funding innovative public health initiatives, which do not have established funding sources.
- Promoting collaboration among private and public organizations to achieve public health goals. Collaboration efforts include contracting with local providers and organizations rather than creating new programs.
- Seeking only grants which are not germane to the financial viability of local private, non-profit organizations.
- Receiving donations, grants, endowments and contributions from individuals, organizations, foundations or other entities. The Foundation will make available informational literature about the organization, including how to make contributions.
The Foundation Board of Directors meets two times per year, on the fourth Friday in July and the Third Friday in December.
Download the Current Agenda (PDF)
The Current Roster of the Buncombe County Public Health Foundation is as follows:
View the Buncombe County Public Health Foundation Bylaws (PDF).
View the Buncombe County Public Health Foundation Strategic Plan (PDF).
Do you suspect abuse?
To make an adult or child protective services report any time, day or night, call the numbers below:
Child Abuse: 828.250.5900
Adult Abuse: 828.250.5800
Report Communicable Disease
Alma "Gibbie" Harris
Public Health Director
PO Box 7407
Asheville, NC 28802
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Interpreters services are available at no cost
Servicios de intérpretes disponibles sin costo alguno
Услуги переводчика предоставляются бесплатно