The lobby renovations at 40 Coxe Avenue are complete with the following services conveniently located in one place – 40 Coxe Avenue:
- Family Planning (birth control methods, Pap tests, pregnancy tests, emergency contraception)
- STD testing & treatment, HIV testing
- Communicable Disease
- Immunizations (Child, Adult and Foreign Travel)
- TB Services (skin tests, x‐ray screening & evaluation, treatment)
- WIC (Nutrition and breastfeeding support) WIC is also located at two other convenient locations.
- BCCCP (Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program) and WiseWoman programs
- Lab and Pharmacy for health services clients
- Nurse‐Family Partnership
- Family & Children’s Medicaid and Health Choice
- Adult Medicaid
- Food Assistance
- Work First
- Child Care Subsidy
Lobby staff will assess individual needs and be able to connect them on-site to health and economic services.
In the past, accessing these services meant explaining the need multiple times to multiple people in different locations. With the completion of this renovation and reorganization, access is a one-stop experience.
Besides the one-stop office at 40 Coxe Avenue, residents can also apply for many assistance programs over the phone at 250-5000 or 250-5500, or 24/7 online at buncombecounty.org/dss.
The County wants working people, homebound adults, and busy parents to be able to access the services they need in the way that best meets their needs. This renovation and reorganization is part of the County’s ongoing efforts to maximize resources and provide services that ensure residents’ safety and well-being, foster better health, and support their self-sufficiency.
Below is a complete list of services and locations.