Who can register to vote?
To register to vote in Buncombe County you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a legal resident of Buncombe County and North Carolina for 30 days, before the date of the next election.
- Be 18 years of age or older by the General Election Day in November of that year.
- Have had citizenship rights restored, if ever convicted of a felony.
- Not be registered nor will vote in any other county or state.
Director, Election Services
p. (828) 250-4200
f. (828) 250-6262
35 Woodfin Street
Asheville, NC 28801
PO Box 7468
Asheville, NC 28802-7468
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.