The NCWorks Career Center Asheville provides financial assistance for a variety of training programs. These include short-term training programs such as Basic Computer Proficiency and Certified Nursing Assistant; and long term training such as a one year diploma program or two year Associate Degree program. For a list of approved training programs, please see the "Training Programs" link in the menu on the left.
Job seekers eligible for financial assistance include dislocated workers (those laid off or terminated from their jobs receiving unemployment insurance) and other job seekers who complete core and intensive services.
Determining eligibility for job training assistance is based on many factors, some of which include:
- Amount of education and training you currently have.
- Difficulty finding employment in your chosen field.
- Participating in the Job Seeking Skills workshops at the NCWorks Career Center Asheville and still having difficulty finding employment.
- Your career goals fitting the goals of the WIA program — to obtain full time employment in a job you enjoy with a wage you can live on.
- The training you are interested in is listed as an Approved Training Program by the Mountain Area Workforce Development Board.
Most of our training programs require that you have a High School Diploma or GED. If you need to complete your GED, we have the information you need to get started.
If you are interested in more information about the training programs offered through the Asheville Career Center, please sign up for the WIA Financial Assistance workshop by calling (828) 251-6200, or visit our office located at 48 Grove Street in downtown Asheville.