At the NCWorks Career Center Asheville, our goal is to help you get the tools and skills you need for success in every step of the job search. Following are just a few of the ways to access those tools and develop those skills and at no cost to you:
- Visit our virtual one stop at NCWorks.gov. Register to take a look at available job listings, get referrals, and apply online.
- Build or upload a resume on NCWorks.gov so your skills and experiences can be matched to jobs listed there.
- Talk with our staff about the industries with jobs in demand and what local companies are currently hiring for those jobs.
- Learn the job search skills and strategies that will give you the winning edge in landing a job.
- Explore local labor market information and salaries.
- Free computer use, Internet and fax machine access for job seekers in our computer resource labs.
- Attend Career Workshops that get results.
- Funds are available to eligible individuals to cover the cost of short term and long term training. Ask us for more information on WIA Financial assistance.
- Use our free online tutorials and training programs to build the skills you need to be most competitive in the job market.
- Take advantage of the many assessments we have available to help you become aware of your skills and your skills gaps. Learn what training can help you fill in the gaps.
- Learn about on-the-job training opportunities.
Discover a Career
- Planning for your career is an on-going process that involves four steps:
- Career Assessment — interests, skills, work preferences
- Career exploration/research of Labor Market Information
- Career Decision Making
- Taking Action through job search or enrolling in training to gain skills needed for the job/career desired
- Sign up for our workshops on Identifying Career Interests and Finding the Fit with the Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory.
- Meet with a career counselor to help with career exploration and decision making.
- Make a plan for reaching your career goal and receive staff assistance in following your plan.
For more information, call the NCWorks Career Center Asheville at (828) 251-6200, or visit our office located at 48 Grove Street in downtown Asheville.